Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm sick since Thursday and has gotten a little worse.

Customer Question
I'm sick since Thursday...

I'm sick since Thursday and has gotten a little worse. Experiencing sort throat to where it hurts to swallow and bring up mucus. Pressure in the ear and chills

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

Last night but comes and goes. No resent colds besides my girl being sick with same symptoms that she got from a coworker a week or so ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have asthma

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/12/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

These symptoms seem to be that of flu virus which usually takes a week or two to settle completely. I would suggest using advil , steam inhalation with menthol drops in it, aspirin gargles and mucinex. If it does not improve with these see a doctor to rule out bacterial infection.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

ok thank you. My girl did shine a light in my throat and on the right side there's a spot of white along with swelling. Then when she touched my neck like a doctor there was pain when she was applying small pressure mainly the right side of my neck.

Thanks for the reply.

That is because of inflammation which cause swelling and pain. Hopefully, it would get better in few days.

could it be a sinus infection or maybe tonsils or some cold? What should i do to help get rid of this?

With Tonsilitis, there is visible inflammation of the tonsils on either side and it is painful to swallow anything. The fever is unsettling and high grade. There is a painful cough as well. I doubt that this is tonsilitis but having said that I have not examined you and the final verdict can be given on a physicians examination.

Try the above remedy specially gargles. It should help.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.