Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is and the causes of thyrotoxicosis? Thanks! I'm to…

What is and the...

What is and the causes of thyrotoxicosis? Thanks!

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I'm to have my thyroid removed in 9 days and my bloodwork came back with a TSH of 0.01. My doctor said that it was surpressed and that I had thyrotoxicosis. ????

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your levels checked? Have you noticed any weight loss or weight gain?

Last Friday, March 9th. I have gained 20 pounds since last April.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Some hypo symptoms - cold, tired, gaining weight, etc.

3/12/2018
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have Graves?

Not that I'm aware of. This is the first I've heard of this today.
Just want to know what it is and what the symptoms/downsides are. Thanks!

I think you have Grave's disease

this is when the immune system activates the thyroid

then it is so active it is toxic

Should I be concerned? The doctor wants me to get another blood test.

Yes, it is actually very serious

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
DIEGO BONILLA
Phone call session started