Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband needs a bypap machine to get carbon dioxide out…

My husband needs...

My husband needs a bypap machine to get carbon dioxide out of his system, if it goes down does he need the machine to keep it low

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

He was in the icu and pcu for 10 days he is on several meds one pill to help him breath, inhalers, musenex, a depressant, nasel spray, finished antibotics

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

This is for my husband, he takes primidone, theophylline and musinex, sometime presizone

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He has copd

3/12/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

does he use the bipap machine at nigh time or all the time?

did he smoke before?

to smoking, not much

you know i paid 10. just so you could say i'll talk to you for 50 more, i'm asking this because my husband is dying

the additional $50 fee is for phone consultation fee

you don't have to accept that.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
He smoked yes, he uses it when we can get it to work
Phone call session started

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4010627/

scopolamine can help dry up the throat and decrease mucus