Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have two concerns: 1. recently my scalp has been itching…

Customer Question
I have two concerns...

I have two concerns : 1. recently my scalp has been itching and sore. How do I treat this? 2. I have moles and I want them removed any recommendations I an African American

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

About three weeks. it Stops when I take hair pins out of my head or don't shampoo everyday

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No never had this happen.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your scalp is itchy most likely due to the excessive dryness that occurs in winters and using shampoo every day. You need to put oil in your hair for about two hours on alternate days for about two to three weeks.

You can get your moles removed with the help of a chemical or laser by a dermatologist.

l hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

i was putting oil in my hair. I do not wash my hair every day i was once every week

Thanks for the reply.

Another possibility is a fungal infection for which you need to get an antifungal shampoo available OTC . If it does not get better after using it then do see a dermatologist for full examination of the scalp to rule out any bacterial infection or skin disease.

Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 3 months ago

Please let me know if you have followup questions.