Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have very annoying crackes and pops when I breath in or…

Customer Question
I have very annoying crackes...
I have very annoying crackes and pops when I breath in or out, but only when laying down. I have had the symptoms of Polycythemia with my blood counts, then I must have a therapeutic Phlebotomy and RBC and HCT fall to normal for a few months, then it comes back and I have to get another blood letting. I now have an enlarged liver and spleen. My MCH is low and my RDW and Basophils are high. My basophils are on the borderline of being high and my lymphocytes, monocytes, total proteins, globulin, total bilii and eosinophils are veeery close to falling below the base of their range. My eGFR is at 57. I also have Polycystic Kidney Disease and Psoriatic Arthritis. By the way, I am 52. I have had bronchitis typically 3 to 4 times a year since I was in my teens. When I have chest x-rays and lung tests, they almost always return with "no irregularities found". There was one time out of a total of 6 recently that returned with "reduced lung capacity. Did that disappear the other 5 times or were the exr-rays not not examined properly? Does this give you any ideas of what is going on? I would think it was cancer if I had an unexpected weight loss. The doctor just has me get an ultrasound every 3 months to see if my spleen has enlarged to thd point that he has to remove it. I have has a large number of bloodwork and 2 bone marrow aspirations. I THANK YOU GREATLY FOR ANY HELP!!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/12/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 month ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you could be having asthma or atalectasis collapsed airway when you are breathing

what is your height and weight?

you may need to see a doctor to get a chest xray and pulmonary function testing to check on your lungs.

Family Physician, Doctor