Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter had appointment that said she had trace WBC in…

My daughter had a...

My daughter had a follow up appointment that said she had trace WBC in her urine but they are not concerned, what is trace WBC even mean?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

She has come back from her father house from weekend visits 2x in the past month with signs of UTI's she has completed all medications and now again this follow up revealed trace WBC. I am very concerned this may mean something else.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

My daughter only takes a multivitamin with fluoride as prescriped by her doctor and occasionally has melatonin to help sleep due to her ADHD

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No there is nothing else

3/12/2018

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

to clarify, my daughter is only 5 years old she has been potty trained since she was 2 years old. and these problems are just now occurring.

A trace finding of white cells in the urine is what we call clinically insignificant--it doesn't indicate any medical problem at all

Most likely this is just the bladder infection resolving and there are a few white cells left, but I'm sure in the urinalysis is repeated in a month's time the urine will be completely clear

Please let me know if you need any more information