Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can HDL be too high. 10 mg daily prednisone. No allergies…

Can HDL be too...

Can HDL be too high

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

10 mg daily prednisone

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No allergies 10mg daily prednisone

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really

3/12/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

if your total cholesterol is too high, yes, your HDL can be too high

but if your total cholesterol and triglyerides are ok, then it is ok for your HDL to be high.

your LDL also needs to be low.

HDL 130 LDL 106 I have read that number is ***** just wondering if it is something I should be concerned about, i did have a complete work up and my CRP is 11.8

http://atvb.ahajournals.org/content/30/8/1657

is a good article about HDL and LDL levels

your CRP levels are not too high so I would not worry.

you should print out the article and bring it to your doctor to discuss.

but I would not stress about your HDL levels being too high.

Thank you, ***** ***** you time.

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician