Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a mother of two aged 36. I have developed this

I am a mother...

I am a mother of two aged 36

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I have developed this radiating pain which is on and offfrom the right rib between my breasts

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Around three days .. I had similar pain last year which subsided on its own

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was sixteen when I had fibro Edema which was successfully removed

3/12/2018
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to know that . Does it stay all the time ? Is it sharp , dull , pinching or burning in nature?

Anything that improves it or worsens it ? Like deep breathing, activity or bending forward? Any recent blows to the chest ? Any lumps ?

It’s a sudden pain that comes and goes and does not stay for too long .. no pain when I stretch upwards or downwards .. no lumps on the breast but a slight bump right of the breast bone

Sudden sharp pain can be due to an irritated nerve ,locally sore rib or soreness / inflammation of soft tissues like pleura ( outer covering of lungs ) or a muscle twitch.

Nothing much of concern there as this type of pain settles down at its own . Its not suggestive of heart, lung or stomach involvement as such so no major worries. You can take tylenol for it if it persists or worsens. Pregabalin can help with nerve related sharp pain but as its very short lived so i would say just give it time ,it will go away at its own.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thank a ton doc

You are most welcome.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regard

This is the last report that was shown to a doc who said it was normal
Almost a year ago
One more
The last one
These are my previous reports
Which were evaluated by a doctor who told me I have nothing to worry about

Sorry for the delay . Yes exactly there is nothing significant there . As i said no intervention required as such

What about the enlarged Axillary lymph nodes doctor .. is that not anything of concern

No not really unless you can feel any lumps. Lymph nodes can get enlarged in common viral/ bacterial infections and some can persist for life so nothing much to worry about there.

Great.. thanks doc

You are welcome.

Kindly leave a 5 stars rating to reward credit for my work.

Best regards.

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Where can I do the rating
Done
Hi doc
I have reached out to you earlier on my case
The pain on the side of my left breast Seema to come and go
I see hardness and a hard lump like feeling on the extreme left of my breast exactly where I had my fibro edima done at ab early age
This pain radiates all the way to the shoulder upwards

Hello ,

Well you would need a breast examination. If the lump is found then ideally an ultrasound scan or mammogram should be done . You may take tylenol or ibuprofen for pain meanwhile .

Would appreciate if you post a separate question for any further queries. Closing this one now.

Best regards.

Dr Saleem.