Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Son takes pramapexole for restless legs. He can't sleep

Customer Question
Second opinion] son takes...

Second opinion] son takes pramapexole for restless legs. He can't sleep ever! what can we do

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling. He was given seraquel to take, but had a terrible reaction with pramapaxole. ( know spelling is wrong:

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

As I said, it's for my son. He has an addiction to meth, but has been clean for 2 months. We test him weekly

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/13/2018
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

You should consider and consult with his doctor about pregabalin. Pregabalin is superior and more effective when compared to pramipexole and will help in sleep maintenance and improve the sleep architecture. Please refer the below link study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24899755

So, pregabalin will help your son to sleep and will reduce the symptoms of restless legs.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Please rate the answer with 5-stars.
Thank you!