Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a vaginal and anul bowel prolapse will I be able to…

Customer Question
I have a vaginal...

I have a vaginal and anul bowel prolapse will I be able to poop

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Only for vaginal the other just cccured yesterday lorazepam for anxiety attacksjust gotoff of 3 courses of I believe Levaquin for a UTI

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Lying down or reating

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had eight children with seven pregnancies I have constpatin problems the prolapse os the vaginal area happened about 43 year ago the anul y just yesterday was in a bad auto accident two years broken back and other injuries

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/12/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have vaginal and anal prolapse

having so many kids can cause weakness of your pelvic muscles

you should be doing kegel exercises to help strengthen your pelvic muscles.

yes, you will be able to have bowel movements. you may need surgery to help fix the rectal and vaginal prolapses.