Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have recently developed unhealthy fat with pimple like…

Customer Question
Hi, i have recently...

Hi, i have recently developed unhealthy fat with pimple like things that are ver sure and to sore to pick or push

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Not sure why it started, I am on bi polar meds but I have picked up 30 kg in the last 2 months

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Also i can breath when lying down flat or excert any type of exercise as I cant recover or breath properly

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/12/2018
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to know about your problems. Would try to help you out today.

Please mention your age and gender.

What medication do you take for bipolar disorder ? And for how long have you been on it ?

Any recent change in your eating habits, physical activity etc ?

Any other associated complains like feeling cold, dry skin , constipation ?

Have you recently noticed easy bruising of your skin or thinning of your skin ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am a bit of a medical disaster at the moment, lost my dad to copd in 2015, had a bad appendectomy in 2016 where I went from running 50gm a week to not even walking to the post box. it was open surgery and still hurts, I then got 2 kidney stones (calcium oxalate) and went for a lithroscopy 1 month after each other, they were about 6.2mm. then I went through financial problems, then I lost my mom to copd also 63, then i got divorced, then i snapped and experienced anger for the first time and lost bowl functionality every time I got angry.. it was december 2016 went I booked my self into Psych ward as i couldn't switch my head off with the thoughts. I cam out with bipolar and epilepsy and they put me on zyprexa and epilim, ithen gained about 20 kg and I reacted very badly and would sleep for up to 3 days at a time, miss meetings and then my job started giving me hassles. I couldn't talk properly and felt like a zombie so I stopped my meds and go a bit better but my GP shouted at me because I stopped and then I spirreled down with terrible anxiety and insominia, i was actually resistant to zolpidem and ay benzo so wouldn't take them and stay away for 3 days at a time then crash for a day then start 3 days again. I went to see another psychiatrist but waited 2 months for an appointment, she asked if we please try eplilim again but a lower dose i said i didnt want to but she said we will monitor it.. i felt like a block of cement and got booked into the new psychiatrists mental clinic for 3 weeks, day 2 i collapsed and they found that my amonia levels were 4 times over toxic which was casued by the epilium and apparently there is a 1 in 30 000 chance. so i switched to seroquel, within in 2 days I woke up and it felt like I had my brain back. i was release 3 days later and loving life, still had insomnia though and was mostly high which was my normal state. I ended up losing my job while at the same time started taking meletonin, and as soon as I added melatonin I would get knocked out by the seroquel and sleep for 4 hours and wake fully refreshed.. i was still super high and my psych wouldnt give me a repeat as she said because of the melatonin I was self medicating. I mention at this time, i had the odd psychosis and would constantly hear voices, and could hear music of all genre all the time.. was irritating at first but I started enjoying it. My mom was a clairvoyant and very spiritual so I thought maybe a connection but I would talk to myslef and if I saw someone who wasnt there I would acknoledge them and talk to them so I didnt freek out as I did get paranoid sometimes. I then went to see another psych, who upped my dose of seroquel from 10omg to 150mg and slowly started introducing epitec (lamatrogine) until now at a stable 150mg also, i was still mostly very high and he introduced fluanxol which brough me back down to earth.. so I still operate at 150% but that's normal and don't really have any downs and sleep great, short but great. as of december, i started with struggling to breath if I lifted something heavy or ran to fast up stairs or had sex, it would take me about 10 min of a cold shower and another 10 min just to recover, my heat would go up and I couldn't get oxygen, also I cant lie flat anymore as I struggle. I sleep ok with 4 pillows. but since december I have ballooned up 35 kg and have these sore pimples all over especially on my fat. I had my heart checked as well and its slightly enlarged but not anything of immediate worry.
Oh sorry the cardiologist also diagnosed hypothyroidism and has given me eltroxin.
i know im sorry its a complicated one :)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sorry doc, as per your questions.
I always had a runny stool which has become hard as of late.
I get excema from worrries and monies on my hands
My nails are hard and got grooves or ripples on and are very brittle
my diet is not good as I harly eat but I have cut gluten and soda drinks
no pysical activity as i get hot to quick and then can breath

I am sorry probably its a bit too complicated , i will opt out for another expert to help you on this .

Regards

Family Physician, Doctor