Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was wondering if I should consult my doctor about a lump I…

Hi I was wondering...

Hi I was wondering if I should consult my doctor about a lump I noticed within the last few days under my armpit, aslo there are lumps in both of my breasts that were looked at about 6 or 7 months ago and were diagnosed as cysts but they are still there. Do you think those lumps in my breasts could be connected to the lump in my armpit?

Doctor's Assistant: When did you first notice this? When was your last mammogram?

I noticed the lump in my armpit sometime last week not sure what day it was and my last mammogram was when I got the lumps in my breasts checked around 6 or 7 months ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I know of. i'm not sure what they would need to know...i believe my grandmother on my mom's side had breast cancer years ago.

3/12/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

ok

Since breasts drain into lymph nodes located in the armpit, they are connected. Lymphnodes n the armpit get swollen n breast diseases so you must get them rechecked to see the present status of the disease so that treatment can be suggested accordingly.

l hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Please let me know if you have followup questions.