Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How does it take to conclude going off anti-anxiety and

Customer Question
How long does it...

How long does it take to conclude going off anti-anxiety and depression meds. I️ initiated this end of November and quit completely end of feb. my doc is on spring break and I have been having no problems until this week when I am absolutely overwhelmed by everything terribly frustrated and feel like there’s white noise in my head. Is this due to going off the meds or is it the reasons or symptoms that I was on the meds in the first place basically having a hard day

Doctor's Assistant: When were you prescribed this medication? How severe were any side effects?

Started years ago like 10 years with Zoloft. In the last two years a depression worsened and was given bupropion in addition to the Zoloft. I️ had no side effects other than a bit zombie like having eliminated the hughs and lows with meds. I️ had just been “humming” along. No angry outburst, but unable to cry.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the depression?

Yes, I️ just cannot reach him and I️ am uncomfortable enough to ask the question. I️ had some written material from the doc, but I️ thought I️ had gotten through and was done. Threw the paper work pills

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Perhaps I️ will just meditate and wait for my doc to be back.in touch.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
3/13/2018
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Why did you discontinue the medications at the end of February? Please describe how you are feeling now.

Thank you!