Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I just urinated and smelled a slight fishyness smell around…

Customer Question
I just urinated and smelled...
I just urinated and smelled a slight fishyness smell around my penis. I have no sores of anything, and I always have vaginal intercourse with a condom. The smell wasn't bad, but smelled like a vagina. I've had this happen before, I remember smelling it when I was a kid, before sex. It has happened to me 3-4 times in my lifetime. The 4th time being just now. Is this normal?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/12/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 month ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks

This is not normal.

But this does not seems to be a significant issue.

There can be many reasons for it like;

1) Not drinking plenty of fluids.

2) Eating garlic and/or onion or foods which can cause smell in body fluids.

3) Warm weather which may cause sweating in the undergarments.

4) Prostatitis; which is a non STD infection.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well I had nine slices of pizza two days ago and have been eating a lot of pizza. I don't normally eat pizza. I haven't been drinking a lot of water normally, and I do have some prostatis symptoms as we have previously discussed. Fluid stuck in penis head sometimes, semen coming to penis head after going to the bathroom. Slight dull pain in penis head on and off

Yes, these can be the culprit;; lot of pizza, less fluids and prostate inflammation. Avoid drinking sodas / aerated drinks, which too may be responsible for it.

It is privilege assisting you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well I just urinated again, and smelled that area. no fish smell whatsoever, maybe it was the stall before I don't know. I literally smelled that smell an hour ago. Or it was my body releasing the pizza before. But it was normal just now

Okay, that is good.

I can assure you, there is nothing worrisome.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cool just worried about stds as usual. Cause I've been with 100s of women. But everytime I was tested, was negative. Is ngu reliable for being tested in urine? All Uros would not give me a swab and all my exposures unprotected is just oral

This symptoms is not due to NGU.

And you had sex with condom.

So you should not be worried about STDs.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor