Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Worked out hard in the gym recently. All sitting on

Worked out hard in...

Worked out hard in the gym recently. All sitting on machines.. buy my back feels like my kidneys been hurting.. when i wakk around it bothers me but resting i feel ok

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Rest helps.. was undereating for awhile during this time

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Hypothyroidism low Testosterone

3/12/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

what sort of exercise have you been doing?

you could be feeling sore muscles in your lower back from all of your exercises.

usually the kidneys don't hurt unless you have a kidney stone.

I hope you are drinking plenty of fluids and urinating frequently

Ok

did you see my response?

how old are you?

drinking water alot during the day.. just weighted exercises all seated.. rows and chest presses.. overhead presses seated.. curls and tri ext.. no running.. i have a fractured foot currently..
I am 41 male. And never been to gym before.. i did over do it tho.. cause i felt soreness in arms and shoulders.. but the back was kind of a concern. Just felt weird.

after exercising your muscles, you can have some soreness a day or two or three afterwards as there is lactice acid in the muscles and they are recovering from exercise. this soreness is normal

it means your muscles are getting stronger.

no problem urinating..clear...
Ok probably just extremely sore than.. thank you very much..ill get it checked if it dont heal in a day or two

that is good

that means your kidneys are fine

keep up with the exercising

make sure you stretching before and after working out.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician