Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question about who the father of my baby might be.

Hi!.i have a question...

Hi!.i have a question about who the father of my baby might be. I had unprotected sex on June 18th 2017 but he didn't cum at all. I don't rremember if I started my period before are after because every since my surgery to lose weight my periods were crazy. Then i had unprotected sex july 5th with another guy and he came inside of me. I went to the doctor august 3rd because i was feeling sick and thats when i found out I 4 weeks pregnant. My due date supposed to be april 1st. Who is the father?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

No i haven't

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Other than my surgery no

3/12/2018
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

Did you get an ultrasound to verify the due date.

If so, when was the ultrasound done? What was the gestational age on the ultrasound?

I have not heard back about an ultrasound, so I will explain what can be said without the ultrasound.

If the due date of 4/1/2018 is accurate, then the only man that could be the father is the man with whom you had sex on 7/5/2017. The sex on 6/18/2017 would be too early for that man to be the father.

I ask about an ultrasound because it is the most accurate method for determining gestational age in this situation, particularly since your periods were crazy. An early ultrasound is even more accurate than the date of last period when periods are relatively regular, but in someone with crazy periods, an ultrasound is far more accurate. An ultrasound is also more accurate than estimations of gestational age based on exam.

So, the question about an ultrasound directly affects whether the due date of 4/1/2018 is accurate. As I said, if the due date of 4/1/2018 is accurate, then the only possible father would be the man with whom you had sex on 7/5/2017.

Did you have an ultrasound to verify the due date?

I still have not heard back about whether an ultrasound was done.

Without information about any ultrasound, I cannot make any statement beyond what I said above - if the due date of 4/1/2018 is accurate, then the only man that could be the father is the man with whom you had sex on 7/5/2017.

If you can provide further information, then I can provide more of a comment.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Dr. D. Love, Doctor