Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has just experienced some kind of fit maybe? He…

Customer Question
My husband has just...

My husband has just experienced some kind of fit maybe ? He is now feeling nausea and is quite clammy to touch . he was watching TV and all of a sudden made a moaning noise then flung his hands and legs in the air .

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No , he does not want to move because he feels "crook in the guts " No other pains but very clammy . He said he could smell a chemical smell

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No , he is not on any medication but today we were fasting. He had breakfast but then did not eat until dinnertime . He has had this smell and nausea about three or four times before but i did not know about this

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/12/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is his age?

Is it possible for you to take his blood pressure and pulse?

Is he diabetic, overweight, smoker, drinks alcohol regularly or have high blood pressure?

Hi is 73. pulse is strong and steady ,cant take his blood pressure .
he is not diabetic, a bit overweight around the middle , drinks alcohol regularly and doesnt smoke
Walks everyday.

This can be mini stroke. The medical terminology is transient ischemic attack or transient neurological attack. There is a tiny duration of lack of blood supply in a part of brain. He would need an assessment at emergency room. Following investigation are required;

1) Color doppler study of carotid arteries in neck.

2) CT scan of brain

3) EKG

4) Troponin blood test.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.