Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can't talk for three days mucus in throat in nose also

Customer Question
can't talk for three days...
can't talk for three days mucus in throat in nose also
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/12/2018
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What are your age and gender?

Are you taking any medications?

Stuffy nose, cough, sore throat?

Pain during swallowing?

Nausea, heartburn?

Any other medical history?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

I am 77 female just took some musinex coughing sore throat. mucus in throat and when I blow for throat, can hardly
tolk no voice for three days..no nausea,
sore throat, hurts when I talk, don't think I have a fever-can call me if you like Eleanor Stude (###) ###-####

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, it sounds Pharyngitis/ Laryngitis.

You should take some self-care measures until you see your doctor.
Do steam inhalation and saline gargles.

Also, do oral betadine rinse.
You should take the nasal saline spray and OTC Nasonex spray.
You should take Ibuprofen and Nyquil/Claritin.
You should hydrate yourself with warm liquids.
You should start a multivitamin supplement and vitamin C lozenges.
Take OTC Robitussin DM for a cough.
Elevate your head while lying down.

Take Cepacol Sore Throat Pain Relief Lozenges.
If your symptoms will persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

gargle with HOT salt water drink hot tea try to rest take
hot shower
gargle with hot salt water take farina tylenol tired,

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

You should try such measures as we have discussed earlier for next 2 days.

If your symptoms will persist then see an ENT specialist for further evaluation and management.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.