Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having some wires symptoms of dizziness and tension…

I am having some...

I am having some wires symptoms of dizziness and tension headache

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

No nausea and it’s been happening for a two days or so

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I felt like I might be having heart issues. Went had a EKG, enzyme blood test, full blood screen, stress test and echo test and they said normal This was one months ago

3/12/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Ok

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age and gender please?

2. Is the headache one sided or both?

3. Is there any nausea or vomiting?

4. Are you having mood irritation during headache?

5. Is the headache better after sleep?

6. Is there any family history of migraine please?

7. May i request yo upload the reports you did one month back?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

40 yoa
Male
No history of migraines
I feel dizzy when I stand up or walk, I have ringing in both ears and I have a weird feeling in chest. No pain in chest or arms or neck just like anxiety from this stress. I feel it most when I am walking or climbing stairs.
Headache in the back of head both sides

Hi...can you upload the images of the tests which you did one month back please?

I don’t have them right now. I am at work.
If those test are normal is there still a possibility of heart issue or could it be other things like stress or anxiety? If I had problems one of those test should have caught it right?

Hello...from what you say, (I take the reports as normal), and symptom analysis, I put forth these possibilities -

1. Migraine without aura.

2. Anxiety (as all cardiac parameters have been normal including TMT). So cardiac issue is 100% ruled out.

For migraine you can take Ibuprofen at 400mg 8th hourly or 6th hourly depending on the severity of headache (as it is only 2 days of headache now). If it is going to be chronic then you may need Propranolol which is very safe and effective and may help in anxiety issues also as it lowers heart rate. But this is a prescription medicine.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

I have been experiencing dizziness for a week or so and feel really lightheaded when I stand from low seated positions. and ringing in ears for a month or more.

Hi...this symptom is suggestive of Vertigo . Do you feel this light headedness every time you change position or turn or rotate the neck suddenly to to see side ways?

This is easily treatable condition and 1st line of therapy is Betahistine. But this too is a prescription drug and gives best results within 24 hours please.

I do feel that way when I turn my head and position. When I complete a workout it is worst. I have dizziness so bad I think it causes anxiety also. Because of my chest discomfort I was nervous about heart condition.
Hi....I assure you not to be nervous about any heart problem. This is vertigo and as I suggested is easily treatable and the results will be dramatic once treatment is initiated.I suggest you consult your physician or an ENT surgeon as this is a prescription medicine.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Are these thing brought on by ear infection or something particular? I always have had hay fever and throat problems and since coming here overseas I have had flem every morning I wake up for the past couple of months. I know they are all connected somehow.
Hay fever, throat problem and phlegm are related to allergy issues. It might be mild wheezing also.But this Vertigo is not related to the ear infection. Vertigo is most often idiopathic and cause cannot be determined.
Well thanks for the help. I get worried when I am walking and I get this bad feeling. It’s like I am in a dream or intoxicated or not seeing reality from the dizziness. I think it stresses me out so bad I am anxious. I will try to see a doctor tomorrow.
Happy that my interaction was helpful for you.
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD