Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Im having some severe upper back pain on the left side. No…

Im having some severe...

Im having some severe upper back pain on the left side. No history of heart problems

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No injures. I took a couple aleve which helped, but this has happened three times in the past two days

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Im 69 and am ovrweight - 5 9 220lns. healthy otherwise

3/12/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How long does the pain last?
What does aggravate the pain?
How is your blood pressure? pulse?
Do you have any other past illness?

are you still there?

Yes, I am waiting for your reply.

How long does the pain last?
What does aggravate the pain?
How is your blood pressure? pulse?
Do you have any other past illness?

it for several minutes to half hour Pain is aggravated with movement - very sharp my BP is fine . no past illness. Wasn't sure if I should go to the ER

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
There can be a few causes for the pain.
There can be muscle strain.
Pinched nerve can cause pain too.
Those can be aggravated by movement.
Heart issues like angina can cause referred pain to the back.
Reflux pain can be felt in the back too.
But those would not be aggravated by movement.
You can take Motrin or Aleve now.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
An ER visit would not be necessary if the pain subsides.
You can take an examination by your primary doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)