Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I just was diagnosed earlier today with moderate E. and have…

I just was diagnosed...

I just was diagnosed earlier today with moderate E. coli and have been prescribed antibiotics. I’ve had a weird numbness/tingling in my legs for the past few hours and wanted to check to see if that was a serious issue

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Nothing has made it worse or better, but I haven’t tried anything! No apparent swelling

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

They also indicated I had impacted stool earlier this week and have been giving my laxatives to assist with that

3/12/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Is there any swelling? redness?

How old are you?

Which antibiotic are you taking?

No swelling! I was out in the sun today, but no sudden redness. 24! Cipro - took the first one earlier this evening.
I should clarify that the number started happening before I took the antibiotic
Numbness*

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The symptoms of numbness, tingling sound like involvement of nerve.
This can be due to neuropathy or other nerve diseases.
This can cause abnormal sensation.
Ciprofloxacillin can cause peripheral neuropathy but it started before you started taking it..
It may occur from a number of other causes like from trauma or pressure effect on the nerve or pinching of nerve.
This can occur in the spine or in the limbs.
The symptoms can occur in thyroid disorders, vitamin deficiency.
Sometimes low circulation can cause it.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.

Please try to take plenty of fluid.

Take more fresh veggies, fruits which is rich in vitamins.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Thank you!