Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have at least one maybe two enlarged lymph nodes in the…

I have at least...

I have at least one maybe two enlarged lymph nodes in the inner aspect of the left armpit. It is right at the very edge of the breast. I had a mammogram done and it was right after this when I was standing in front of a mirror getting redressed that I noticed it looked swollen and was able to feel a quite large lump that is easily movable but is not painful at all. The mammogram showed no signs of cancer. I have an appointment with a surgeon on the 20th. What can I expect?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Yes. Two months ago I started on replacement hormone treatment; estrogen. progesterone and testosterone. I'm 64 and started having trouble being hot constantly. My temp was almost always elevated. 99.3-100.7. I had blood work done twice but had no elevated WBC. I also was very fatigued and was crying all of the time for no reason. My hormones were tested and I was put on hormone therapy. The hotness improved greatly with some improvement with the fatigue and moodiness. Could the hormones be causing the swelling?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had gastric bypass done about 6years ago and stayed around 150 for about 4 years. However this last year I've gained about 55 lbs, crave sweets and am having a difficult time loosing the weight. Recently I've begun walking 3 miles a day weather permitting.

3/12/2018
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

I'm reviewing your question and will post a reply in a moment.

Thank you for your patience

Since the mammogram did not show anything suspicious so this is very reassuring.

The surgeon would assess and examined the lymph nodes again.

As the lymph nodes are benign (non cancerous) so the surgeon might simply remove them if required or might take a biopsy to see what exactly is causing this enlargement of lymph nodes.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread.

You are not charged for rating positively.I'll be here for any follow up questions
Thank you.

Best wishes

Medicaldoctor