Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I think I have a sleep disorder, but I am unable to see my…

Customer Question
I think I have a...
I think I have a sleep disorder, but I am unable to see my doctor until the end of the month and I am looking for a way to manage my sleep until then.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/12/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what did you have in mind?

I would like some advice on how to get through until I can get properly diagnosed. I need help, falling asleep as well as waking up. Waking up is the hardest because I have alarms set every 5 minutes for 2 hours and I don't wake up to them. I have slept through fire alarms and tornadoes before. I change up my alarm sound every week to keep from getting used to it.

Do you have apnea?

are you obese?

I don’t think I have apnea I have yet to be diagnosed. No I’m not overweight

how long have you been like this?

do you snore?

Years probably, I can’t remember the last time I felt rested after a sleep. I could sleep all day and sometimes I just fall asleep during the day no matter how hard I try to stay awake. I often wake up with headaches or feeling sick.
I don’t snore.

ever had blood work?

just routinely and it always looks good

what labs?

Just regular testing, for anemia, thyroid, liver function. Things like that

Ok thank you

vitamins?

I take a probiotic as well as medication (paroxetine), I’m also on magnesium

it could be the med

Unfortunately I have been suffering from this problem before I started on the med. and in the past I’ve been taken off the med to see if it helped and it didn’t

Ok thank you

has your iron been checked?

it is a little low but apparently not a big concern
That is a huge concern and directly related to sleep! You need to supplement it! That will help. I strive for 5 star service for all customers. If you have more questions just reply.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 3 months ago

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply :)