Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is there a flu in Cancun with chest congestion and pain also…

Customer Question
Is there a flu...

Is there a flu in Cancun with chest congestion and pain also coughing and headache?

Doctor's Assistant: When did the headache begin? Have you used any medication for it?

Saturday evening. Took Vicks cough syrup

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about cough?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Liver disease, varices veins

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/12/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 month ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, there can be flu and viral infections in cancun

are you coughing up sputum? what color is it?

do you have a thermometer to check for fever?

how old are you?

how long have you been sick?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sputum was green yesterday yellow today. Sick for 3 days. Age 62. Do not have thermometer.

green and yellow sputum can be a sign of a bacterial lung infection, like bronchitis or pneumonia

you should see a doctor

and get a sputum culture

and chest xray and temp check

you may need a course of antibiotics to get better.

Doctor: valerie-cssm,
 replied 1 month ago
valerie-cssm
Dear Customer: We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/medical/b2zes-flu-cancun-chest-congestion-pain.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Family Physician, Doctor