Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can a herbal supplement particularly Biofusion Water Away or…

Can a herbal supplement...

Can a herbal supplement particularly Biofusion Water Away or any other drugs cause a false test results? I've had 2 false negative test for my morphine and dilaudid and I take my meds daily and actually take my morning dose 2 hours before the test.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been using Dilaudid? Has it helped at all?

For 3 years. Yes it does help. I'm allergic to codeine, oxycodone and fentanyl so I'm on Embeda twice a day and dilaudid 4 times a day. Every disc in my back are messed up and I'm not a candidate for back surgery due to my strokes.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the allergic?

I have never had any issues with my drug test for 4 years and the only thing I've changed is adding the water away.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes, the doctors are aware

3/12/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

some patients over time can become more tolerant to opiates and the metbolite levels can decline

if your urine screening tox screen do not pick up opiates, ask your doctor to do a urine opiate metabolite quantitative urine test which will be more sensitive to pick up the opiates that you are taking and will show your doctor you are taking these medications.

I was wondering about if I was metabolising the drugs quickly. When I'm given lidocaine it doesn't work even the highest dose and marcaine and xylocaine only last 5 minutes. I also have been losing weight and don't know why. I've weighed the same for 23 years and I've lost 63 pounds in the last 8 months so wondered if that might have something to do with it.

you should see your doctor and get your thyroid hormone levels checked.

high thyroid hormone levels can cause weight loss and increased basal metabolism rate

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician