Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has a weird discoloration of his feet Was trying…

My husband has a...

My husband has a weird discoloration of his feet Was trying to find photos of somethin like it

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No symptoms just change In the feet

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will try to assist you.

Do you have a picture of his feet that you can upload?

I uploaded 2 photos For you
Photo of the other foot here

Thanks. So no symptoms such as pain, itchiness, or swelling? Any recent change in footwear or walking around barefoot on new surfaces?

Pain but I believe the pain in simply due to being on them all day. He wears the same shoes but has been working 2 jobs for the past 2 months so mostly on his feet at a warehouse more hours than he was in the past
He works 17 hours per day

OK. Since he doesn't have any new pain, itchiness, fevers or any other concerning symptoms this may be due to the increasing time on his feet. Almost looks like some irritation/bruising. 17 hours a day is A LOT. Could be due to stress alone. Hard to tell, but since otherwise asymptomatic, it is not concerning. However, if it persists or starts causing symptoms I would see a podiatrist. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

And if he has diabetes, he should have his feet checked anyway regularly.

He doesn't but his dad does so I was worried for that reason.
Thanks

My pleasure. Yes, if there is concern for diabetes he should get checked for that with his doctor.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to chat even after you rate. Thanks!

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD