Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How does it take got hpv symptoms to show up. Going to dr.

How long does it...

How long does it take got hpv symptoms to show up

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Going to dr. Tomorrow

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just curious, my husband cheated on me 15 years ago. I never had anything

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I understand

Most people as well not have symptoms of HPV. You will need a Pap smear school to rule out the HPV that causes cancer. The other types of HPV cause small bump or groups of bumps in the genital area. In most cases, HPV goes away on its own and does not cause any health problems. But when HPV does not go away, it can cause health problems like genital warts and cancer.

Does it take 15 years to show up?

HPV is transmitted through intimate skin-to-skin contact. You can get HPV by having vaginal, anal, or oral sex with someone who has the virus. It is most commonly spread during vaginal or anal sex. HPV is so common that nearly all men and women get it at some point in their lives. HPV can be passed even when an infected person has no signs or symptoms.

Can it take 15 years to show up?

No, it can show up at any time.

if haven't been with another person, it probably came from my husband?

Yes. It is transmitted through intimate skin-to-skin contact

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Do you have additional questions?

If not please send five stars.

Did you receive my previous answer?

Dr. Scott, Doctor