Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I take clonidine and metoprolol for high blood pressure and…

I take clonidine and...

I take clonidine and metoprolol for high blood pressure and spells of racing heart beats,should I feel so bad all the time, and can not sleep but very little?.the medicine seems too work but feel bad.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Check up 5 days ago just feel bad .no history of high blood pressure

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have told them everything

3/12/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Since when are you feeling it?
When did you start taking the medicines?
How is your pulse rate now? How is blood pressure?

since I started the meds
started the meds two weeks ago,
pulse is 58 and pressure 152/85

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Your pulse has come down.
It would not cause racing feeling.
However, your blood pressure is a bit high.
The racing feeling can be from anxiety, stress.
There can be occasional fast heart rate too.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor again.
You may need Holter monitoring, adjustment of doses.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)