Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I went to my work restroom, sit on the toilet seat and

realized it was a bit...
I went to my work restroom, sit on the toilet seat and realized it was a bit wet on the seat, may be a water spot, forgot and was finishing my task, then use the toilet paper to wipe a bit of the seats and forgot and used it to wipe myself but probably just the outside part. Just a split second that I realized that I shouldn’t use the tissue. Could i get UTI because of that?
3/12/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

When did it occur?

Are you feeling any symptom now?

No i dont. It happened like 15 mins ago
Just scared

Thank you for the input.
I understand your anxiety.
It is less likely to get UTI from the act you described.
The contact of the tissue with skin was for a few seconds only.
There was no contact with urethra.
Please do not worry.
You should be fine.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

I see so basically UTI actually occurred when there is a contact to the urethra and it is continuous rubbing the area for a certain time?

Yes. You are right.

May i ask if probiotic actually help with vagina health? Like yeast infection and UTI?

It is still not established.
Studies are going on to see if they help.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)