Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been experiencing pain in my upper right chest just…

I have been experiencing pain...
I have been experiencing pain in my upper right chest just below the collar bone. The pain is worse in the morning? This pain is consistent for several months. What could this be?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Please could you indicate the following information

How old are you?

Do you suffer from any illness?

What is your job?
Have you received any trauma or made any effort?
when raising the right arm hurts?

I am 59 years old.
I do not suffer from an illness. Had successful prostate removal, zero psa. Past deep skin removal, yearly freeze on reoccurring areas. I work restoring classic cars.

Can you mobilize the shoulder and right arm without pain?

Does it hurt when you press on the area or when doing some activity?

The pain seems stronger when I massage the muscles pecks

ok. Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Dear *****ient, for the symptoms that you describe impresisone tendinitis of the pectoralis minor, as well as other muscles and nerves that graze in those areas generating an irritation of the nerves and tendons.
This is located in the area that you describe, and an inflammatory process of the tendon (tendinitis) must be ruled out.
Because of his activity at work, where in some moments he may need to make great efforts, he contributes to generate a chronic inflammation that never improves.
It is necessary to perform an ultrasound of the region to confirm this diagnosis.
Tendinitis hurts when the tendon is at rest or a major effort is made of the muscle such as lifting objects.
It is likely that during the night you sleep on that side, and also in the last night the muscle relaxes and it is when you get up and mobilize the tendon that this cold generates pain.
It does not represent a disease for which to be alarmed but it must be discarded.
The treatment consists of muscle relaxants, analgesics, and in case of not improving infiltrations, but you must educate to stretch during the day.

I suggest the following medical treatment with analgesic such as Diclofenac 50 mg(1) one tablet every 8 hours for 5 days in addition to a muscle relaxant such as Tizanidine 2 mg (1) one tablet at night for 10 days

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas