Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I HAD A CERVICAL STUMP REMOVAL THAT HAD PROLAPSD ON

HI I HAD A...

HI I HAD A CERVICAL STUMP REMOVAL THAT HAD PROLAPSD ON WENDESDAY, SPENT ONE NIGHT IN HOSPITAL IN WATRTOWN SD NOW I SEE AND MY HUSBAND CHECKED THERE IS BOWEL COMING FROM THE VAGINAL OPENING.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

NO BUT GUESS WE SHOUD GO TO THE ER . We called the ER in Watertown and they cannot reach my surgeon and cannot advise us what to do...I take synthriud 100

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Gembibrozil 600, Effexor 37.5 Mirapex .50

3/11/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You should go to the ER. They will give you a muscle relaxant and a sedative and keep the bowel covered with a nonadhesive dressing. They will prop up your lower body and try to reduce the bowel back to the peritoneal cavity. If that can not be accomplished then this will have to be done under general or regional anesthesia in the operating room. This is not something that should be ignored and the best course of action will be to go the ER and have this addressed.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

thank you we will go to the watertown er

Glad I could help.

Please do remember to leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor