Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a dull ache in my left side abdomen then it gets to…

Customer Question
I have a dull...

I have a dull ache in my left side abdomen then it gets to the point it is so painful I can’t stay still

Doctor's Assistant: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?

Tylenol

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this?

No it just started this morning

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was just told that I have precancerous cells in my cervix...also I guess the pain has started a week ago every now and then

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/11/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

How old are you? Do you have when you press in that area? Is this pain in your upper left abdomen? Any heartburn, belching, acid reflux? is this pain radiating to your back?

I’m 46 can’t tell if pain when pushing on it no reflux or anything and not in back

Where is the pain exactly located? Any bowel or urinary symptoms

Belly button over on left side
No to urinary or bowel

Thanks for the information. You don't seem to have any other symptoms at this time. It does not sound like any thing serious. May be it's trapped gas or muscle pull, which can present with episodic mild pain. There are some other possible causes of pain in left side of abdomen depending upon the location such as diverticulitis, inflamed bowel, pancease or kidney related, pelvic organ related or constipation. Since you do not have any other symptoms, it's very difficult to say where this pain is coming from. You can increase your mobility, take care of constipation if you have it, and drink adequate water to ease your pain. You can also take OTC pain meds such as Tylenol or advil for pain control.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah