Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a place that has come up on my leg that I wanted to…

I have a place...

I have a place that has come up on my leg that I wanted to ask a Dr about

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling. Other than the visible spot, no pain, no itching

3/11/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

can you upload a clear photo of this spot on your leg?

do you see the "Add file" link?

Ok. Im 47 years old. I will upload

thanks.

My skin is really dry from being outside. This is back side of my right calf. Seemingly this came up over night. It doesn't itch or hurt. Just weird raised place.

that looks like some dry skin eczema going on.

you need to put a moisturizer on your skin and try 1% hydrocortisone cream on that area which is red

you may need a thick moisturizer like aquafore or lanolin or gold bond for your skin.

very dry skin can become angry and reactive and ezema can develop on the skin.

I know you can't know for sure, my wife was freaking out about ring worm and cancer. Cancer runs in her side of family. I practice jiu jitsu in close contact with others so she also said it looked like ring worm. You think more just dry skin?

it is not cancer

more likely dry skin

may be a skin fungal infection

I would try the thick moisturizeres for your leg and 1% hydrocoritsone cream first.

and then try an antifungal agent like clotrimazole 1% antifungal cream which can be used if it is a fungal infection

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician