Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What treatment is needed for vertiago

What treatment is needed for vertiago
3/11/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you? Male/ Female?
Since when are you having the symptom?
Do you have any other symptom?
Any other past illness?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?

I have the ringing in the ear;dizziness and I have problems when I stand. I am 60 years old and I am a female. This all started one week ago. I have no severe past illness.I did suffer from fibroids.
Doctor..i paid five dollars and you still didnt answer my first question.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
There are different causes of vertigo & dizziness.
The treatment will depend on identification of cause.
It can be due to inner ear cause like inflammation or labyrinthitis, acoustic neuroma, Meniere's disease.
Those can cause ringing.
Decreased blood supply to certain part of brain, cerebellar disease of the brain, multiple sclerosis etc. can cause it.
Trauma to the head can also be a factor.
You need to have an examination by doctor to find out the precise cause of it.
An ENT consultation would be helpful.
Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo which is due to displacement of crystals in the inner ear is quite common.
Treatment consists of repositioning of the particles displaced in the inner ear.
You can take meclizine, meanwhile.
This can reduce your symptom.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Consultant
Phone call session started