Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Have you done many FULL Knee joint replacements? Mine was…

Have you done many FULL...
Have you done many FULL Knee joint replacements?Mine was done 6 weeks ago.Now I need to know whether playing softball —on a fairly easy going fashion - will hurt me or my prosthesis?I plan on 6 more weeks of Phys Therp.
3/11/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I have made several. complete and partial.
It is completely safe to perform any sport as long as you maintain a good muscle tone of the lower limb to ensure its stability.

Playing softball will not hurt the prosthesis, so when you recover you can perform them safely.

thats good to know...but is my surgeon saying I should NOT play softball or Jog or run
why is he saying this
does it wear the prosthesis our quicker?

Of course even you should not do it.
That is why I tell him he must recover slowly and properly.
Your surgeon should tell you that you still can not because you need to recover and it is your doctor who will tell you when you can start them.
His surgeon was the one who saw how his bone and ligaments were found when placing the prosthesis, so it is he who can assume the necessary time to start the sport later.
But the most important thing is that you always exercise your knee.

If you meet your recovery you can play softball without problem.
Although you should keep in mind that any sport has a risk for the traumatism, but that does not prevent you from doing them.

Do you have any other questions?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas