Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I fell 0on knee replacement from 14. xrays no damage shown.

Customer Question
I fell 0on knee...

I fell 0on knee replacement from 14. xrays no damage shown. fell in jan last week kneestarting hurting I can hardly walk. could wearing wrong shoes affect, what could it be

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

After I sat and get up

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I went xray no damage. leg swell last week . i worn compression hose. could legiments pulled do i have

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/11/2018
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually, if you are experiencing pain and swelling in the knee joint after so many weeks despite having no bony damage that indicates that you ould have damaged the soft tissues of the knee joint. This could include ligament or tendon tears, this can cause pain on walking. Now in order to diagnose ligament or tendon tears, you will need to get an MRI done. Depending on the severity of the damage, the treatment can involve a variety of medications. Grade I and grade II tears may be managed with the help of medications including steroid injections, PRP injections and use of OTC anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen at a dose of 600 mg thrice daily and also the topical application of OTC capsaicin gel. Grade III and IV tears may need to be treated with surgery and other interventions.

So to answer your question I think you should get an MRI done as soon as possible as this does sound like a tendon tear or even damage inside the knee joint to the meniscii which act as shock absorbers.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

this can happen after 2 year knee replacement
can u have this pain 2 years later if fall on knee replacement. xray show nothing wrong

Yes, you can, it can indicate that the trauma at that time caused a knee tendon or ligament injury which healed improperly and now the cartilages inside the joint may be degenerating leading to this sort of pain. So YES it can occur because of the trauma you had 2 years back even with a normal x-ray. Again an MRI is the best test here.

Do you have any more questions?