Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have vagina drynesi have been to drs used and pills

I have vagina drynesi...

I have vagina drynesi have been to drs used and pills nothing works. when given cream iget a yeast infection i don.f know what to do

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Just vitians yes peninecin im on metroindazole 500mgandfluconazole150mg and estrace. i use cream once and after itch and more sore

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have used yeruferm cream too same problem after

3/11/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Do you have diabetes?

62 no

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

no call
as far as i know i don.t have diabettes

Your symptoms are suggestive of Vulvovaginal atrophy. This is due to estrogen deficiency. A decline in estrogen level causes a decrease in vaginal blood flow and a decrease in vaginal lubrication. The diagnosis of vulvovaginal atrophy by:

1) a vaginal pH and

2) a vaginal maturation index (VMI).

You may do following;

a) non hormonal vaginal moisturizers.

b) low-dose vaginal estrogen

c) probiotics.

d) hormone replacement therapy.

These should be able to resolve your symptoms.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

i try my card and it won.t work i have tryed every thing you said nothing works
i can.t call card won.t work

There are newer therapies which should be tried by your doctor.

Certain selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs), which act as estrogen agonists/antagonists, show promise for the vulvovaginal atrophy treatment. Trials have demonstrated that SERMs like ospemifine (Osphena) and lasofoxifene are beneficial for vulvovaginal atrophy.

DHEA, a sex steroid precursor, has also shown to have positive effects.

Phytoestrogens, plant-derived xenoestrogens or dietary estrogens, are being explored as a possible safe alternative to hormonal therapy. Isoflavones, such as genistein and daidzein, which are found in soybeans, are the most studied of the phytoestrogens, are also beneficial.

Widely available vaginal pH-balanced gels, containing lactic acid to promote a pH of 4.0, have also been studied as a nonhormonal alternative for treatment of vaginal atrophy.

It is privilege assisting you.

ok but what do i use right now to get relief

You can get the phytoestrogens without prescription.

Do not use too many chemical treatment in the vaginal locally.

This changes the pH of vagina and aggravate the issue.

Local probiotics in the vagina can help.

Continue the estrace cream.

Discuss to discontinue Metronidazole and Fluconazole.

You may get a vaginal swab to confirm the infection and grow the exact bacteria.

It is privilege assisting you.

ok
thanks

You are very welcome.

Cold compresses may be soothing.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.