Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For several days now, my right arm has been hurting, not…

For several days now...

For several days now, my right arm has been hurting, not sharp pains but pretty constant. I know one of the arms, I don’t remember which one. I had a good friend that died because he had pain in his arms. He didn’t do anything about it, and he died of a heart attack. He was my age, 65.That’s why I’m concerned.

Doctor's Assistant: When did the pain begin? Have you used any medication for it?

I’m guessing about Wednesday. It’s pretty constant, but comes and goes a little bit. It hurts during the night as well. it’s enough to wake me up. I’ve been taking some Tylenol and & @ other times, some 800 mg ibuprofen.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?

I haven’t. I saw a doctor for some other reasons, a few days ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes, I am a diabetic type ll. i’m on several medications for it, including Invokana, and Trulicity, which is a weekly injection.I’ve only been on it for two weeks

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Is there any aggravating or relieving factor?

Is there any swelling, redness or any other symptom?

How is your blood pressure?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
A couple weeks ago I had a tooth infection. Pretty serious one, that caused a lot of swelling on my face. I was given antibiotics, and I took them and finished the prescription. I’m also a medication for cholesterol, which keeps it in the normal range. My blood pressure is good averaging 120/80.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Pain from heart or angina can be referred to arm.
Usually it is to the left arm.
Rarely it is to the right.
There can be muscle strain, pinched nerve too.
Your blood pressure is within normal limits.
Though your symptom does not sound like heart issues, still I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
An EKG, echo, blood work can be taken to be on safe side.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ve read the doctors message and I think I’ll wait on a direct call.

Your phone call request failed.
I am sorry.
Please write, I shall answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
after I read your text, I decided I didn’t need a phone call. I will take your advice and contact my doctor this coming week.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can’t see where I should give the five star rating. Can you direct me where to look?

You can see the rating button on the upper left corner.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is it supposed to be at the top of the email at the beginning?
I looked there and I cannot see it

It is at the top of the chat window.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still can’t find the rating button.
The last time I was trying, I pushed the back arrow, and it took me out, and I couldn’t get back in.

Thank you for follow up.

Please contact our customer care & inform them that you can not rate.

They will help you.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)