Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was just diagnosed this morning with mono. But prior to…

Customer Question
Hi. I was just...

Hi. I was just diagnosed this morning with mono. But prior to that I have been experiencing chest pain's. Muscle stiffness and extreme fatigue. The chest pain felt like the early symptoms of bronchitis But I never had a car or any cold symptoms. Today the chest pain is right between my ribs at The breastbone. From everything I've read, this is not a common symptom of mono. I'm wondering if I should come in tonight and get it looked at.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

The breastbone. From everything I've read, this is not a common symptom of mono. I'm wondering if I should come in tonight and get it looked at. No I've never dealt with this before. Sort of have shortness of breath. I thought it was anxiety. But the heart feelings are definitely real

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

And we are due to leave for Colorado in the morning. Family history… Grandfather died of a heart attack. Father has high cholesterol. But I was just in to see my family doctor on Friday. I told him about the chest pain and he didn't seem to think it was a worry. I'm only concerned because were supposed to be going out of town. I don't know if I came in tonight what kind of test you could run to give me any sort of reassurance.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

You should go to urgent care or ER for the evaluation. You may need a chest x-ray and an EKG for the evaluation. These will rule out pleurisy, pneumonia and heart disease.

Your chest pain can be also due to;

1) Medications

2) Acid reflux

3) Esophagitis.

Anxiety can aggravate all of these symptoms or medical issue.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.