How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sumanth Amperayani Your Own Question
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1914
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Sumanth Amperayani is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I don’t know which type of doctor I need. Painful urination.

Customer Question

Second opinion] I don’t know which type of doctor I need.
JA: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: Painful urination. A feeling of pressure/aching. Tested for STI’s, UTI and both were negative. Have taken diflucan, flagyl, and cipro with no relief
JA: Have you used anything besides Cipro for this?
Customer: Flagyl
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Diflucan
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Feels like pressure, not really painful persay. More frequent urination. Pain in my lower abdomen that almost feels like I’m ovulating but I don’t if it is that or related to the discomfort I feel in my bladder.
Expert:  Sumanth Amperayani replied 8 months ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Expert:  Sumanth Amperayani replied 8 months ago.

Hi...I understand your concern. By what you say and from the symptoms analysis, I feel that you are having an inflammation of the urinary bladder or cystitis in medical terms.

The symptom urge to frequently urinate is due to concentrated and sometimes acidic urine and strangury.

I suggest -

1. Drink lots of water and keep yourself well hydrated (at lease 3-4 liters per day). This is for prevention.

2. The other option is taking Di sodium Hydrogen Citrate suspension available as Suspension Citralka. You can take 5ml thrice a day for a week and this will settle.

3. Home remedy is - 1 glass of thick sugar solution followed by 3-4 glasses of plain water and you will be relieved in few hours please.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is this something that I can fix on my own or should I be going to see a urologist
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It’s been like this for a month. Hasn’t gotten better nor has it gotten worse.
Expert:  Sumanth Amperayani replied 8 months ago.

I suggest that you follow the suggestion number 1 and 3 by yourself at home and within 24 hours if you do not get any respite, I suggest you can have a urologist consultation please.

But... Just now I have received your information that it has been like this for a month. This means that we are dealing with cystitis which has been chronic because of viral infection. Urine culture will not show anything as this is not bacterial in origin.

You can try suggestion number 2 if this is an over the counter medication in USA. But if you have already used it in vain, then I suggest you consult an Urologist please.