Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I don’t know which type of doctor I need. Painful urination.

I don’t know which...

I don’t know which type of doctor I need.

Doctor's Assistant: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?

Painful urination. A feeling of pressure/aching. Tested for STI’s, UTI and both were negative. Have taken diflucan, flagyl, and cipro with no relief

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used anything besides Cipro for this?

Flagyl

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diflucan

3/11/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

are you male or female?

you may benefit from medications like Pyridium, Azo (over the counter) which can help numb up your bladder and decrease bladder pain

you should consult with a urologist as well and see if you need a cystoscopy to look up on the inside of your bladder to check for inflammation and interstitial cystitis of your bladder

avoid caffeine, spicy foods, alcohol, smoking which can all irritate your bladder

I am female.
I also have a feeling of what i can only describe as it feels like I am ovulating. But I don’t know if it’s actually that or related to the pain I feel. It’s not really even painful more than it is just pressure. The best way I can describe it is that it is like pressure against a dam and it builds up and then the dam opens and it causes relief (which would be when I urinate).I will try the azo (is this a probiotic? If so-I was taking rephresh) and call a urologist

azo is a bladder numbing medicaiton which is sold over the counter. it is not a probiotic.

you can also use azo urine test kits to check for bladder infection and blood in your urine.

do make an appointment to see a urologist.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Thank you very much.

you are welcome

thanks for the positive feedback.