Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

This happened twice. I was eating raw almonds and after

Customer Question
eating a few I started...
This happened twice. I was eating raw almonds and after eating a few I started not being able to breath well. They were partly in my throat but it was like I couldn't breath in while they were there, my throat started having mucus and it started to close up. I had to try to stay calm and breath in as much as I could before it started closing more and then I could finally cough and my throat relaxed more. There were tears in my eyes and my nose was running. It happened both times with almonds. Sometimes almonds have given me a stomach ache too. Was I just choking or could it be allergy related?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/11/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you? Male/ Female?
Since when are you having the symptom?
Did it occur with almond only?
Any other past illness or allergy?
Did you take any medicine?

Hello again,
I was waiting for your reply.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
There can be an allergy.
Sometimes, allergy can develop later.
In choking, there would be coughing immediately to expel it out.
Throat closing down is often a symptom of allergy.
Stomachache can be symptom of it.
Please try to avoid almond.
You can try Zyrtec or Claritin.
You can have an allergy test too.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.