Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Unexplained nausea on and off past 2 weeks I have gotten all…

Customer Question
Unexplained nausea on and...

Unexplained nausea on and off past 2 weeks I have gotten all kinds of blood, urine and X-rays done. I have an appetite here and there but still will get nauseous either while I’m eating or after at. Some point

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

My life sucks lately i can’t do nothing with this random nausea It comes and goes I’m miserable

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Acid reflux since i was 14 yrs old and another thing this nausea started after laxative use i was under the impression i was constipated which I’m realizing now that I actually wasn’t i was more focused on bloating and was going to the bathroom pooping balls so i started with laxative It made me sick for a week then my reflux started flaring up so then i took otc Prilosec It helped ok then a week or so later i started drinking prune juice to help me go then the nausea came back now I’m here

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The GI prescribed dexilant I’ve been on It 3 days now and still have nausea. I’ve been tested for a lot of things I’m slipping into a depression at this point. I’m underweight and was barely eating as It was bc of the reflux and nausea. So the laxatives and prune juice set off the nausea please keep that in mind bc everyone else seems to ignore that part.
3/11/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 month ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having bad nausea

I hope you have stopped the the laxatives and prune juice.

irritation of your bowels can cause nausea.

have you tried to cut out gluten and white flour and pasta and bread and milk out of your diet? this could help your nausea.

eating more protein and fruits and vegetables could help your bowels

exercising regularly could help

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not used a laxative since but those foods don’t bother me it’s beeb days i eat things other than that like fruits and salads protein and still was nausea
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ever since the prune juice i have been nauseous
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Before that i took an ex lax chocolate It made me feel nauseous
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Am i dying? Be honest. Because It feels like it with this nausea
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought i was constipated at the time i took those laxatives we not on constipstion now i need an answer for this nausea

you are not dying.

you should ask your doctor for a prescription for anti-nausea medications like zofran or compazine which can help your nausea

you should try eating ginger and ginger tea and flat ginger ale which can help with nausea.

some states allow for medical marijuana use. marijuana indica strains can help decrease nausea symptoms.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have zofran It don’t help much through iv
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m in Texas it’s not legal here
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to know what happened to where i got nauseous after drinking prune juice

your vagus nerve or your 10th cranial nerve goes from your brain, down your esophagus, around your stomach and into your small bowel

irritation of this nerve any any point can cause nausea.

taking laxatives and prune juice can cause inflammation and swelling of your small bowel which can cause nausea.

you should be taking zofran 8mg three times a day for your nausea.

you should try cutting out gluten and white flour and pasta and bread and milk out of your diet.

you should eat a more protein and bone broth and fruits and vegetables for now

and eat more yogurt and probitoics which can help your bowels.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If that’s the case how can this be fixed or looked at?

you can ask your doctors to do a colonoscopy as well to check on the inside of your colon

Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

What blood, urine and x-ray tests have been done?

Dr. D. Love, Doctor