Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a cold with lots of phlegm that makes me cough, no…

I have a cold...

I have a cold with lots of phlegm that makes me cough, no fever, I'm 66, female, no health problems like hypertension or diabetes. Is it OK to take both a 12 hour Sudafed and Robitussin Nighttime Cough DM? I had to sleep sitting up in the recliner last night.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

I had my annual physical in January, my mom had hypertension, mine runs 106/60

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Take levothyroxine

3/11/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Thank you for waiting.
You can take Robitussin Nighttime Cough DM with Sudafed.
There is no reported interaction.
There should not be any problem.
Please do not worry.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)