Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I either scratched my cornea or got something stuck in my…

Hi. I either scratched...

Hi. I either scratched my cornea or got something stuck in my eye. I've been experancing discomfort from my contacts starting Thursday night. I had to take them out and wear my glasses. Friday morning I tried to put them in and my right eye was in pain... 1 hour later it swelled up and was sensitive to all light. I slept on and off last night. It looks a lot better buT I'm still experancing a lot of pain and it feels as though something is stil in my eye. I've used an eye wash and some drops

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been using drops? Has it helped at all?

Not sure if I'm using the right kind. It's clear eyes Cooling comfort

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?

Started them yesterday No

3/11/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Dear *****ient, for the symptoms that I mention, I suggest you go to a consultation as a result of some small injury may be generating an eye infection and therefore has pain and inflammation in the eye.
It is necessary to perform an eye examination to be able to indicate some drops with antibiotic if necessary.
You must not wear contact lenses.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've flushed it out multiple times. Is there a chance something is still in there?

Yes, it can still be there despite the washing, but most likely it has caused some slight damage to the cornea so it is inflamed and irritated and susceptible to infections.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It feels as though it's under my top eyelid and hurts more when my eyes are closed.

esteemed, it is necessary to go to the urgency to perform a good eye wash, otherwise it will be hurting the cornea if it is still there.

Do you have any questions?

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!Regards.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I now have some yellow discharge. Is that normal?

No, it is not normal, that is due to an eye infection, it is necessary to go to the emergency. to examine it and indicate the ocular antibiotic

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor