Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a purple blue bump outside the that itches and burns.

I have a purple...

I have a purple blue bump outside the butt that itches and burns

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

It just started. It hurts more when I use the bathroom

3/10/2018

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Ok

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

I really can’t because of the location and it actually is painful if I spread buttocks apart

No problem

Is this just outside your rectum?

outside
Right by opening

You've got an external hemorrhoid there

Nothing too serious and for now you can use over the counter 1% hydrocortisone cream applied twice a day

You also should use a stool softener like Colace and drink plenty of fluids

This should go away in about a week's time with that

Please let me know if you need any more information

Ok I was thinking either that or a fissure. Thank you

Not a fissure from your description

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon on this page so I can get credit for my time with you