Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is polyneuropathy. About 3 months ago, my right leg is…

Customer Question
What is polyneuropathy Doctor's...

What is polyneuropathy

Doctor's Assistant: When did polyneuropathy begin? Have you used any medication for it?

About 3 months ago, my right leg is dragging when I walk. It is causing me to stumble, and sometimes fall.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about polyneuropathy?

I go Monday to see an arthritis dr. . I just want t know what it is.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Fibromyalgia, high blood presume and slight high cholesterol, both are controlled very : y r

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/10/2018
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Okay

Polyneuropathy essentially means that there is dysfunction in more than one nerve which can include sensory or motor dysfunction. This means that you can have weakness or numbness in an associated nerve distribution. There are many many causes and many many treatments. A rheumatologist is a great person to visit for diagnosis. Most worked will include blood work and EMG to name a few.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Do you have additional questions?

If not please send five stars.