Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a breast reduction on oct 17 2017. I had 4 open wounds…

I had a breast...

I had a breast reduction on oct 17 2017. I had 4 open wounds on the t section 1 on each lower nipple and 1 on each base. The open wounds have closed but now I have tunneling in all 4 areas. The 1 top one is actually joined with the bottom. So tunnel from the nipple to the base. The other ones top is 1 cm and the bottom is about 2.5 cm. Not attached. I have been on antibiotics for 3 weeks. There is no smell at all. I do go to a wound specialist everyday to get them changed. So yesterday went I went the left side that isn’t attached the bottom one once they pulled out the black silver medication the base of the wound had a lot of yellow discharge that was never there before. They squeezed it got it all out. Went today there was none. What I am worried about is where is this yellow discharge coming from. I know I am a mess right now but I kinda need your expertise. Also could I have other holes inside my breasts that we don’t know about?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No

3/10/2018
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Ok Thank You

The fluid is most likely granulation tissue which is a normal healing process. There is nothing to be concerned about with granulation tissue. It is good news that there was none today which was that it is less likely to be an infection. The fluid is likely your body's response to the big surgery.

Do you think there can be holes anywhere else?

Such as inside your breast?

like on the sides.. or anywhere else?

No

You mean you think the fluid is draining somewhere else inside your body too?

Is this normal it really made me scared that they joined together. Also yesterday there was yellow discharge. Where could that have come from?

Ima
I am just scared there are other holes which are draining into this hole because it is open?

the holes should heal up with wound care and antibiotics. The antibiotics are to prevent infection and to hear infection if it is present.

Ok thank you.... I am going for an ultrasound just in case.
You made me feel at ease... I was so worried...

An ultrasound is a very good idea.

You can also get an MRI which might be better

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr. Scott, Doctor