Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a daughter age 40 – one child. She is being asked to…

I have a daughter...

I have a daughter age 40 – one child. She is being asked to consider surgery that would take out her uterus and fallopian tubes. They do not want to take the ovaries because they say it would disrupt her hormones. She is having an extreme amount of blood flow not during her regular menstrual cycle. It is very painful. She had exploratory surgery in the past for endometriosis, but none was found. They are suggesting she be checked for this again. She also was diagnosed with HPV in the past. She was scraped and five years ago there were no signs of any problems. She also just got off of powerful blood thinners because she had developed blood clots in the lungs from her birth control medicine. My question is – should we do as they suggested at the top of this letter and if so, how risky is it?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Good

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She is on high blood pressure medicine.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now. I will respond to your questions hortly or request for additional information. Thank you for your patience.

How severe was her bleeding problem?

Has she completed her family or has plans for another child?

How is her health otherwise?

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Health good. No more children desired.
Phone call session started