Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 49 years woman i have had severe Headaches immediately…

I am 49 years...

I am 49 years white woman i have had severe Headaches immediately following a orgasm. This has just occurred over the last weeks. please help

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Only after having orgasm and yes a little nausea .

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just had a breast reduction two months ago. history of high cholesterol. have a benign heart murmur. and history of sinus and allergies

3/10/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now. I will respond to your question shortly or request for additional information. Thank you for your patience.

ok
I do not want a live call. Thank you

We can continue in chat.

Do you experience any other symptoms along with headache such as nausea, vomiting, neck stiffness, loss of consciousness?

Do you have history of migraine or severe headache in past?

at the moment the ache started i felt nassau. yes recently in the last few years a few migraines.

Thanks for the information.

What you are experiencing is called sex headache. For most people, it's a minor problem and are usually harmless. Having migraine also increases your risk of getting sex headache. However, sudden onset of sex headache should be explored to rule out other possible cause of this kind of headache. You will have to see your doctor to run proper investigation and you might need a MRI to look into your brain. Based on your finding, treatment options will be discussed. If everything is normal, then your doctor might recommend taking Indomethacin an hour before sex to minimize this kind of headache.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that Ican get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Ok thanks